Skip to main content

I take a lot of marketing courses - Tom Ray's Art Podcast

Listen to the podcast on Apple Podcasts | YouTube Podcasts | Spotify | RSS

This is an experimental bonus episode! 

Since it's the holidays I wanted to wait until they were over to post the next artist interview. 

So I thought I would try a little experiment. 

I take a lot of marketing courses. And to tell you the truth one thing I've noticed is they all pretty much teach the same thing.

However, one marketing course that I took talked about how to build an audience starting from scratch at the beginning, or how to inject new life into your existing creative business. 

Whether you're an artist, writer, or any kind of creator, the principles can be applied across various creative fields.

I thought I would just share what these courses taught me on the podcast today.

Let me know what you think!

📙 Get Tom Ray's webcomic book "Then This Happened... A diary about Breast Cancer" now on Amazon as an ebook or paperback

📬 Join my email list to get a call out for artists when I'm booking interviews! Join my email list

Popular

Uninspired.

I don't know. Maybe it's silly. I haven't edited it yet.

Exhaust.

When I got back in my car later it still smelled.

Just a glitch.

I guess I'm happy it's going to be fine. Then This Happened... A diary about breast cancer A comic diary about our lives after my wife found out she had breast cancer. Read it on Amazon Get the ebook

Creating a cover for my webcomic books

Creating my webcomic book cover for print on Amazon KDP I have all the pages set up for the book and ready to go and then at the end it's like "oh right I still need to create the cover for the book!" I don't know why but this part always makes me the most anxious. Maybe it's because it's the way the book is going to be represented? It's so weird, in my books I'm telling very personal things in my webcomics themselves but the cover is the thing that is making me anxious. I mean this is gonna be what I show when I say to people, hey I created this book you should check it out!  Maybe I'm being silly I don't know? ( Related post: Using Google Photos and Google Docs To Make My Webcomic Book ) Using other books as references for the cover What I did to kind of help me with this is I would reference these old comic strip books that I have. I like the styles of these books and I collect them. Collection of old comic strip paperback pocket books I h...