Skip to main content

Comic book concept page - Roger and the Monster.

image of a four color comic page artwork
Roger and the Monster concept comic page artwork

I've had this concept for a comic for a while now. The easiest way to describe it is it's about a monster that is being haunted by humans. The whole thing is in the style of those old four-color Gold Key comics from the 70s.

Roger is the name of the human character that messes with him in the comic and the monster doesn't have a name.

I did an animation with the monster from the comic a while back called "Chipmunk" when I first thought of the concept.

The design of the monster has changed slightly since I made this cartoon. But this concept is one that I keep revisiting. Maybe I'll do something with it someday? I just haven't really been able to think of a full story yet.


Popular

Uninspired.

I don't know. Maybe it's silly. I haven't edited it yet.

Exhaust.

When I got back in my car later it still smelled.

Just a glitch.

I guess I'm happy it's going to be fine. Then This Happened... A diary about breast cancer A comic diary about our lives after my wife found out she had breast cancer. Read it on Amazon Get the ebook

Creating a cover for my webcomic books

Creating my webcomic book cover for print on Amazon KDP I have all the pages set up for the book and ready to go and then at the end it's like "oh right I still need to create the cover for the book!" I don't know why but this part always makes me the most anxious. Maybe it's because it's the way the book is going to be represented? It's so weird, in my books I'm telling very personal things in my webcomics themselves but the cover is the thing that is making me anxious. I mean this is gonna be what I show when I say to people, hey I created this book you should check it out!  Maybe I'm being silly I don't know? ( Related post: Using Google Photos and Google Docs To Make My Webcomic Book ) Using other books as references for the cover What I did to kind of help me with this is I would reference these old comic strip books that I have. I like the styles of these books and I collect them. Collection of old comic strip paperback pocket books I h...